A Date with Maple Loaf
- Total Time: 1 hours
- Hands-on Time: 15 mins
- Makes: 20 servings
This is a dense quick bread, a bit like fruit cake, but without the reputation. Serve each slice with a dollop of vanilla yogurt on top.
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Frontier Organic Aluminum-Free Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Ground Korintje Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Organic Allspice Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Organic Ground Nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Organic Hand Select Whole Cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Table Grind Sea Salt
- 3/4 cup Frontier Organic Maple Syrup Granules
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Cut & Sifted Lemon Peel
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup melted butter, cooled to warm
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup dates, chopped
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup pecans, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, spices and salt. Make a well in the center and set aside. In another bowl, combine the butter, syrup, water, lemon peel and eggs.
3. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Fold in the dates, raisins, and pecans. Spread into an oiled loaf pan and bake until bread tests done, about 45 minutes.