Adobo Shrimp Salad
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Hands-on Time: 10 mins
- Makes: 4 servings
There's something about succulent seasoned shrimp over a bed of crispy greens that screams summertime -- and this recipe is no exception. Chopped sweet pepper, tomato and avocado add substance and vegetal flavor to this salad while the shrimp gets a Southwestern kick from Frontier's Adobo Seasoning.
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Organic Ground Cayenne Chili Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Fair Trade Certified Cane Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Organic Ground Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Adobo Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 cups iceberg lettuce, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cups spinach, stems removed and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 diced avocado
- 1 chopped tomato
- 1/2 diced yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 pound thawed frozen shrimp, pre-cooked, peeled and de-veined
1. To prepare the shrimp, mix shrimp, 1 teaspoon Adobo Seasoning, paprika, cayenne and canola oil in a zipper storage bag. Shake to coat and place in refrigerator to marinate for 30 minutes.
2. After 30 minutes, heat a skillet over medium high and add contents of zipper storage bag. Cook shrimp until warmed through, about 3 to 5 minutes.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together lime juice, olive oil, apple cider vinegar, ½ teaspoon Adobo Seasoning and cane sugar until sugar is dissolved and liquids are combined.
4. To assemble salad, toss lettuce with spinach in a salad bowl. Top with avocado, tomato and yellow bell pepper. Evenly place shrimp on top of vegetables, and then drizzle entire salad with lime dressing.