Apple-Dapple Coffee Cake
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Hands-on Time: 15 mins
- Makes: 9 servings
This crumbly coffee cake is studded with fresh apples for a tangy twist on a traditional favorite. Sweetened with maple syrup, sugar and cinnamon, this cake is best served warm for breakfast, brunch or a snack.
- 3 teaspoons Frontier Organic Aluminum-Free Baking Powder
- 3 teaspoons Frontier Organic Fair Trade Certified Cane Sugar
- 4 teaspoons Frontier Organic Maple Syrup Granules
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Ground Korintje Cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached white all-purpose flour
- 6 teaspoons butter
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3 large apples, sliced
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder and sugar.
3. Cut 4 tablespoons butter into flour until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add egg and milk, stir just to mix (do not over mix), and turn into greased 9x9-inch pan.
4. Top with sliced apples and dot with 2 tablespoons butter.
5. Sprinkle maple granules and cinnamon over the apples.
6. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until topping is golden and crisp.