Autumn Apple Muffins
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Hands-on Time: 10 mins
- Makes: 14 servings
Apple muffins are one of autumn's most comforting fall baking treats. Packed with chopped apples, honey, spices and vanilla extract, this recipe offers a simple, yet tummy-warming dessert. Serve muffins for breakfast with side of fruit as well.
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Organic Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 teaspoon Frontier Organic Aluminum-Free Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Organic Ground Cloves
- 3/4 teaspoon Frontier Organic Ground Korintje Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Organic Ground Nutmeg
- 1 cup finely chopped apple
- 1 1/4 cups unbleached flour
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons water
- 3/4 cup honey
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line muffin tins with paper liners.
2. Sift together flour, baking powder, cloves, cinnamon and nutmeg and set aside.
3. In another bowl combine the oil, eggs and water. Gradually add the honey and beat until thoroughly combined. Add the vanilla and gradually begin adding the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined. Do not over mix. Fold in the apples and spoon the mixture into the prepared muffin tin. Fill the cups 3/4 full.
4. Bake 20 to 25 minutes until cooked through.