Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp and Pineapple Bites
- Total Time: 50 mins
- Hands-on Time: 10 mins
- Makes: 12 servings
These simple bacon-wrapped shrimp and pineapple bites make for a great appetizer or fun dinner. Prep the shrimp and bacon ahead of time to make quick work when you’re ready to cook.
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Organic Ground Ginger Root 1.50 oz.
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Organic Garlic Powder 2.33 oz.
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Crushed Red Chili Peppers 1.20 oz.
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 12 large shrimp, peeled and deveined with tails still on
- 12 1-inch cubes pineapple
- 6 strips bacon, cut in half
- Cilantro, for serving
1. Before starting, place 12 toothpicks in water. Let sit until ready to use.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together soy sauce, olive oil, honey, ginger, garlic powder and red pepper flakes.
3. Add shrimp and toss until well coated. Let sit for 30 minutes.
4. Place a rack roughly 4 inches from the broiler. Turn on the broiler to heat and assemble the skewers. Thread one piece of pineapple onto each toothpick.
5. Cut the bacon in half. Take one shrimp and wrap in a piece of bacon. Thread shrimp onto the skewer, making sure end of bacon is secured by toothpick. Repeat with remaining shrimp.
6. Arrange shrimp in a roasting pan and drizzle extra marinade over skewers. Place under broil and cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until bacon is crisp.
7. Remove, flip and cook for another 4 to 5 minutes. Keep a careful eye on the bacon as every broiler is different.
8. Remove, sprinkle with fresh cilantro and serve immediately.