Baked Cranberry Apples
- Total Time: 45 mins
- Makes: 8 servings
A perfect alternative to dense baked goods, this fruity autumnal dessert uses tart cranberries as a delightful stuffing in baked apples. And with spices and flavors like nutmeg, vanilla extract, orange peel and cinnamon sticks, each bite is purely decadent.
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Organic Ground Nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Organic Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Organic Orange Peel Granules
- 4 Frontier Organic 2 3/4" Korintje Cinnamon Sticks
- 1 pound Golden Delicious or Granny Smith apples
- 2 cups rinsed and sorted fresh cranberries
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons melted butter
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut 1/2” top off the stem end of the apples. Remove the stems, leaving a small hole into which you can insert a cinnamon stick. Core the apples with a melon baller. Discard cores. Scoop out the inside of the apples, being careful not to pierce the skin. Chop the flesh. Set aside.
2. Combine the cranberries, raisins, chopped apple flesh, orange juice, butter, nutmeg, vanilla, and orange peel in a medium bowl. Stuff this mixture inside the hollowed-out apples and place in lightly greased oven-proof dish.
3. Replace cap on each apple, with a cinnamon stick through the stem opening. Spread any extra stuffing around the apples and bake in preheated oven until tender, about 45 minutes.