Basic Green Curry Sauce
This sauce gets its color and signature flavor from fresh green chilies, cilantro, lime and lemongrass. Serve it over rice, sautéed meats, tofu or vegetables of your choice.
- 2 teaspoons Frontier Organic Curry Powder
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil or ghee
- 2-3 cloves garlic, mashed
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger
- 2 shallots
- 3-5 fresh green chilies
- 1 stalk stalk fresh lemon grass
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- 2 cups coconut milk
1. Heat oil or ghee in a medium-sized skillet.
2. Sauté mashed garlic, ginger, lemongrass, diced shallot or green onion, and green chilies in oil or ghee until tender.
3. Sprinkle in curry powder, lime juice and zest. Stir in coconut milk and puree with an immersion blender or in a food processor until smooth.