- Total Time: 10 mins
- Hands-on Time: 10 mins
- Makes: 6 servings
Shortcakes have never tasted so good. The fresh twist of added basil adds minty/peppery flavor to each crumbly bite. Pair shortcakes with vegetables or our Sweet and Savory Strawberries recipe for a sweet strawberry shortcake.
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Frontier Organic Aluminum-Free Baking Powder
- 2 teaspoons Frontier Organic Fair Trade Certified Cane Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Table Grind Sea Salt
- 2 teaspoons Frontier Organic Cut & Sitfed Sweet Basil Leaf
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons unsalted butter, cold and cubed
- 1/2 cup milk
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees and spray a baking sheet lightly with non-stick spray.
2. Sift flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into a large bowl. Stir in basil.
3. Blend butter into dry ingredients with a pastry blender until the mixture resembles a coarse meal. Slowly add milk, stirring to incorporate until the mixture forms a sticky dough.
4. Drop large spoonfuls (about ½ cup each) of batter onto the baking sheet. Bake for 8 to 12 minutes, until biscuits are golden brown.
5. Remove from oven and let cool.