Berbere Alfredo with Shrimp and Spinach
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Makes: 4 servings
Shrimp and spinach alfredo on its own is creamy and decadent, but with the addition of fiery berbere seasoning, this dish is taken to the next level. Add exotic mushrooms, finely chopped red onion or shallots to the butter and sauté for a more robust combination.
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Frontier Organic Berbere Seasoning
- 6 ounces tri-color rotini, cooked
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 4 ounces chopped spinach, frozen
- 1 cup half and half cream
- 1/2 pound cooked shrimp, peeled
- 3 teaspoons Parmesan cheese
1. Prepare the pasta as directed on package.
2. Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add flour and Berbere Seasoning and whisk together. Let cook for about 10 seconds, carefully whisking the product around the pan to make sure it doesn’t burn.
3. Add half and half and whisk together, making sure to get the butter and flour mixture off the bottom of the pan. Keep whisking until butter and flour mixture is fully combined with the cream.
4. Reduce the heat to a simmer. Add the shrimp, spinach and Parmesan cheese. Let simmer about 10 minutes, or until desired thickness is reached.
5. Stir in noodles. Serve hot.