Bleu Cheese and Black Pepper Walnut Dip
A creamy and zesty dip packed with the pungent, bold flavors of blue cheese, walnuts and black pepper.
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Organic Coarse Grind Black Pepper 1.76 oz.
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup shallots, minced
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 8 ounces bleu cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons Italian parsley, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. On a baking sheet, spread walnuts in a single layer and toast them for about 7 minutes, until fragrant and golden. (Watch closely, if they become darker than golden, they will be bitter). Let cool, then coarsely chop.
3. In a food processor, pulse the mayonnaise, buttermilk, shallots and vinegar until smooth. Add the blue cheese and pulse until chunky. Add the walnuts and pulse until fine. Stir in pepper and parsley. Serve cold.