Brandy Tea Punch
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Hands-on Time: 10 mins
This sparkling mix dates back to early 15-16th century sea voyages, when “punch stock” was bottled and kept in storage to add to sparkling wine at meals. Its mix of citrus and molasses (in this recipe, maple syrup) not only improved the taste but also reduced illness and scurvy with its lemony injection of vitamin C. The drink’s healthful effects led fleet physicians to believe it doubled a fleet’s efficiency—so just imagine what it can do for your party.
- 1/4 cup Frontier Organic Fair Trade Certified Assam (Flowering Orange Pekoe)
- 1 1/2 cups Frontier Organic Maple Syrup Granules
- Frontier Organic Ground Nutmeg
- 2 cups fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 teaspoons Angostura Bitters
- 3 cups brandy
- 1 liter sparkling water
1. Brew the Assam tea with the boiling water, steeping for 15 minutes. Strain. Cool.
2. Combine all the ingredients except the sparkling water and nutmeg. Refrigerate overnight. When ready to serve, mix with sparkling water and pour over a large chunk of ice in a large bowl. Top generously with freshly grated nutmeg.