Bread and Butter Pickles
- Total Time: 20 mins
These crisp pickles are easy to make and bring back familiar memories of summertime picnics. Celery seed, ginger, turmeric and mustard seed give this zesty take on homemade bread and butter pickles a well-rounded pickle flavor.
- 4 teaspoons Frontier Table Grind Sea Salt
- 2 teaspoons Frontier Organic Whole Celery Seed
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Ground Ginger Root
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Ground Turmeric Root
- 2 teaspoons Frontier Organic Whole Yellow Mustard Seed
- 30 medium-sized cucumbers
- 10 medium-sized onions
- 5 cups vinegar
- 2 cups honey
1. Slice cucumbers and onions and sprinkle with salt. Let stand one hour. Drain.
2. In a saucepan, combine remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Add cucumbers and onions, and return to a boil. Remove from heat. Pack in jars, leaving 1/4 inch headspace. Adjust seals and process 10 minutes in a boiling water bath.