Butternut Squash Soup with Garam Masala
- Total Time: 1 hours 5 mins
- Hands-on Time: 20 mins
- Makes: 8 servings
Spike vegan butternut squash soup with sweet maple syrup and spicy, organic Garam Masala and ginger for a dish that’s simple to make, yet memorable to serve.
- 1 Frontier Organic Bay Leaf
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Ground Ginger Root
- 1 pinch Frontier Table Grind Sea Salt
- 2 teaspoons Frontier Organic Garam Masala Seasoning Blend
- 2 1/2 pounds butternut or other winter squash, peeled, seeded and diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- Water, to cover
- 1/2 pound red potatoes, washed
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 1/2 cup real maple syrup
1. Simmer all ingredients except maple syrup until very tender.
2. Remove bay leaf. Puree and pass through a fine strainer.
3. Return to heat, bring to simmer, and add the maple syrup.
4. Season to taste with sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
5. Serve immediately, or cool and store up to three days. Freezes well.