Cardamom Cashew Rice
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Hands-on Time: 10 mins
- Makes: 2 servings
Subtly flavored yet interesting, this dish makes a versatile side at just about any meal. You can substitute ground cardamom (try about 1/4 teaspoon) for the seeds, if you prefer.
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Decorticated Cardamom Seed Powder
- 2 teaspoons Frontier Organic Whole Hulled Sesame Seed
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup cooked and cooled brown rice
- 1/4 cup roasted cashews
1. Heat oil in a skillet. Add sesame seeds and cardamom seeds and cook over medium heat, stirring, about 3 minutes. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender and lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
2. Add the brown rice and cook until warmed throughout. Sprinkle with cashews and serve.