- Total Time: 50 mins
- Hands-on Time: 10 mins
- Makes: 10 servings
Make use of your newly harvested carrots with this wholesome carrot bread recipe. Similar to carrot cake, without the creamy frosting, this bread is full of sweet, rich and delicious carrot flavor. Serve warm with honey, butter or cream cheese.
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Baking Soda Powder
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Aluminum-Free Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Table Grind Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 4 ounces butter
- 1/2 cup turbinado
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup grated carrot
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In medium bowl combine the flour, soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
3. In bowl of electric mixer, cream together butter and sugar. Add the egg and mix well. Add the water, lemon juice, vanilla extract, and grated carrot and mix well. With mixer on low, gradually add the dry ingredients and mix to thoroughly combine, stopping the mixer occasionally to scrape down the bowl.
4. Pour into a well-greased ring mold or two medium bread pans and bake until tester inserted in bread comes out clean, with no wet batter clinging to it, approximately 40 minutes.