Cayenne Citrus Fruit Salad
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Hands-on Time: 30 mins
- Makes: 6 servings
Puckering, nutritious citrus fruit and warming cayenne make the perfect combination for a fruit salad that will brighten your palate and the gray days of winter citrus season.
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Ground Cayenne Chili Pepper
- 1 pinch Frontier Table Grind Sea Salt
- 6-8 citrus fruits, sliced or cut into wedges (navel or blood oranges, tangelos, grapefruit, lime)
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- Fresh mint leaves (optional)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1 Juice and zest from 1/2 orange
1. Slice or cut the fruit into wedges. Place the fruit in a medium-size bowl or on a large plate. Garnish with fresh mint leaves, if desired.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, orange juice and zest, honey, cayenne and salt.
3. To serve, pour a small amount of dressing over individual servings of fruit salad. The salad dressing will keep in the fridge for 2 weeks when stored in a sealed container.