Chicken Satay Skewers with Spicy Peanut Sauce
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Hands-on Time: 20 mins
- Makes: 3 to 3 servings
This chicken satay skewers recipe marinates tender white chicken in a kickin’ curry-yogurt sauce, throws it on the grill, then serves it up with a spicy peanut sauce made with curry, red pepper and fresh ginger.
- 2 teaspoons Frontier Crushed Red Chili Peppers
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Curry Powder
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Coarse Sea Salt
- 2 large chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup whole milk plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey, divided
- 1/2 cup full-fat canned coconut milk
- 1/3 cup crunchy peanut butter (creamy also works)
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- Chopped peanuts and fresh cilantro, for garnish
1. In a small blender, combine yogurt, soy sauce, 1 tablespoon honey, 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes, ½ teaspoon curry powder, garlic powder and salt. Blend until smooth. Place chicken strips in a zip-lock bag or sealable container and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, up to 12 hours.
2. In blender, combine coconut milk, peanut butter, ginger, garlic, rice vinegar, and remaining 1 tablespoon honey, ½ teaspoon curry powder and 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes. Blend until smooth. Transfer to a jar and refrigerate until ready to use. Sauce will thicken as it refrigerates.
3. Soak 6 wooden skewers for 30 minutes. (Metal skewers can be used instead, no soaking needed).
4. Pat skewers dry, thread chicken strips onto skewers, then place on a plate.
5. Spray or brush the grill grates with olive oil. Preheat grill, covered, to medium heat (350 to 375 degrees).
6. Place chicken skewers on hot grill and cover. Cook 1 to 2 minutes, or until grill marks appear. Using tongs, carefully flip skewers and grill another 1 to 2 minutes. Continue grilling and flipping every minute or so until chicken is cooked through.
7. Transfer to a serving platter and serve with peanut sauce, peanuts and cilantro.