Chipotle Corn Squash Chowder
- Total Time: 45 mins
- Hands-on Time: 15 mins
This bowl of zesty bliss is sure to warm up your autumn evening. Hearty squash, sweet corn and chopped veggies keep bellies full and warm. Serve with a dollop of sour cream or sliced avocadoes.
- 1 cup Frontier Organic No-Chicken Broth Powder
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Ground Coriander Seed
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Ground Cumin Seed
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Ground Chipotle Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Smoked Sea Salt
- 3 cups water
- 3 cups cooked butternut squash
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups corn kernels
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped leek
- juice of half of a lime
- fresh cilantro or parsley for garnish
- grated cheddar cheese or yogurt to serve alongside (optional)
In a soup pot, sauté carrots and leeks in olive oil until almost tender.
Add chicken flavored broth powder, water, and squash. Stir together and cook 5 minutes more. Process in a food processor until desired consistency, then pour back into the pot.
Stir in milk and corn. Cook on low heat, stirring often to prevent burning. Add more milk or broth if a thinner soup is desired. Once soup is hot, simmer for 10 minutes to meld flavors.
Add spices. Simmer for 5 minutes more, then stir in lime juice.
Taste and add more chipotle or other spices as desired.
Garnish with cilantro or parsley. Serve immediately as is or with grated cheddar or yogurt on the side.