Chipotle Shrimp Tacos
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Hands-on Time: 20 mins
- Makes: 4 servings
Here's grilling fare that takes full advantage of the robust, smoking flavor of chipotle by pairing it with shrimp in a tasty taco.
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Ground Chipotle
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Organic Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Table Grind Sea Salt
- 1/2 pound shelled and deveined medium shrimp (about 24 shrimp)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 corn tortillas
- 1 pinch minced cilantro, for topping
- 1 pinch Cotija cheese, for topping
1. An hour before grilling, soak 6 wooden skewers in water. In a bowl, toss shrimp with olive oil, chipotle powder, garlic powder, and sea salt. Cover and refrigerator until ready to grill.
2. For grilling, preheat grill to medium-high heat. Thread the chipotle shrimp onto skewers and place on the hot grill. Cook on each side for 1 to 2 minutes. Shrimp should be translucent and have some nice grill marks without being rubbery. Remove from grill and remove from skewers.
3. To make avocado topping, cut the avocado in half, remove the pit, and cut the avocado in a grid pattern. Using a spoon, scoop over the avocado into a bowl and toss with lime juice.
4. To assemble the tacos, heat the tortillas on the grill for 15 to 30 minutes, just long enough to make them pliable, but not crisp. Top each tortilla with 3 shrimp, a spoonful of avocado and top with cilantro and cheese.