Chipotle Sweet Potato Chili
- Total Time: 1 hours
- Hands-on Time: 15 mins
Take vegetarian chili to the next level with this chipotle sweet potato chili recipe with black beans and chewy bulgar for stick-to-your-ribs satisfaction
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Ground Cumin Seed
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Cut & Sifted Oregano Leaf
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Chili Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Table Grind Sea Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Organic Medium Grind Black Pepper
- 2 teaspoons Frontier Ground Chipotle Pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 small red onion, minced
- 1/2 poblano pepper, seeds removed and minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 pound sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 2 cups tomatoes, crushed
- 1/3 cup whole-wheat bulgur, uncooked
- 3 cups water
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 3 teaspoons fresh cilantro, minced
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- Fresh lime juice, for garnish
- Fresh cilantro, for garnish
1. In a stockpot over medium heat, heat olive oil. Add minced onion and poblano pepper. Cook 6 to 8 minutes, until onions are tender. Stir in garlic and cook for 1 minute more.
2. Add sweet potatoes, black beans, tomatoes, bulgar, water, vegetable broth, cilantro and lime juice. Stir until well combined.
3. Add spices. Stir and bring to a boil, then reduce to a summer and cook 25 to 30 minutes, until flavors have developed and bulgar is tender. Taste and add additional spices if desired.
4. Garnish with lime juice and cilantro. Serve hot.