Chocolate Pancakes with Chocolate Spice Syrup
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Hands-on Time: 15 mins
- Makes: 8 servings
These chocolate-flavored pancakes make a sweet start to any morning. Seasoned with pumpkin pie spice, decadent chocolate extract and coated with agave and chocolate syrup, each dreamy bite will have you thinking this can't be breakfast. To serve as dessert, stir mini chocolate chips into pancake batter and serve with whipped cream.
- 1/4 cup Frontier Organic Fair Trade Certified Cane Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Aluminum-Free Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Table Grind Sea Salt
- 2 teaspoons Frontier Organic Chocolate Extract
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Pumpkin Pie Spice Seasoning Blend
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Chocolate Extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup agave syrup
- 3 teaspoons butter
1. In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
2. In another bowl, combine the milk, eggs, oil, and chocolate extract. Add liquid ingredients to dry ingredients and stir just until combined.
3. Pour the batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle. Flip when bubbles form on top and bottom is golden brown. Cook until second side is golden. Keep warm.
1. Put all syrup ingredients in a small pan. Heat over medium-low heat until butter melts, stirring frequently. 2. Serve with pancakes.
For an extra sweet treat, stir 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips into pancake batter.
Top with whipped cream.
To keep pancakes warm and dry Place a cooling rack on a baking sheet and put in oven while preheating to 200 degrees. As pancakes are ready, place in a single layer on the cooling rack in the oven.