Cinnamon Cranberry Chutney
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Hands-on Time: 5 mins
Create a tangy, complex sauce with this cranberry chutney recipe. Spicy-sweet cinnamon and ginger complement the tart cranberries, while fragrant cardamom accents the citrus.
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Organic Fair Trade Certified Ground Ceylon Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Organic Ground Ginger Root
- 1/8 teaspoon Frontier Organic Decorticated Cardamom Seed Powder
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup peeled, diced apple
- 1/3 cup pitted medjool dates (6 to 7 dates)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- Zest from 1 lemon
1. Combine all ingredients in a pot and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook until the dates and majority of cranberries have broken down, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from heat, let cool slightly, and serve.
Note Cardamom is a wonderful flavor but can easily overpower a dish. Start on the low end with an 1/8 teaspoon or slightly less then taste and adjust from there.
Yields 2 cups.