Couscous and Chickpeas
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Hands-on Time: 15 mins
- Makes: 6 servings
A perfect grain for summer salads, couscous is light and slightly sweet. Here, it nicely complements stronger tastes—from a good dose of spices, feta, and balsamic vinegar.
- 2 teaspoons Frontier Organic Parsley Leaf Flakes
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Cut & Sifted Oregano Leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Table Grind Sea Salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Frontier Organic Medium Grind Black Pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon Frontier Organic Garlic Powder
- 1 cup sundried tomatoes
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups cooked coucous
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/3 cup feta cheese, crumbled
1. Cover tomato with water in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and let sit, covered, 15 minutes. Drain well. Chop.
2. Meanwhile, whisk oil, vinegar, and spices together in a small bowl to make dressing.
3. Cook cous cous by package directions.
4. Combine couscous, chickpeas, onions, feta, tomatoes and dressing. Refrigerate until ready to serve.