Cranberry Clove Spiced Rum Punch
A refreshing, well-spiced rum punch made with cranberries, orange, ginger, cinnamon sticks and whole cloves.
- 6 Frontier Organic Fair Trade Certified Hand Select Whole Cloves
- 2 Frontier Organic Fair Trade Certified 3" Ceylon Cinnamon Sticks
- 1 orange, zested
- 3 tablespoons fresh ginger, peeled and sliced
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 32 ounces cranberry juice cocktail, chilled
- 28 ounces apple cider, chilled
- 1 liter club soda
- 1 1/2 cups dark rum
- 1 orange, halved and sliced
- 18 to 20 whole cranberries
- Filtered water
1. 1 day in advance, into a 4-cup ring mold, pour filtered water until 3/4 inches deep and freeze. Remove frozen mold and place 6 to 7 orange slices end to end on top of ice.
2. Top the center of each slice with 3 cranberries grouped together. Add more water to cover, adjusting fruit so evenly spaced and freeze for a minimum of 6 hours.
3. Bring the orange zest, cinnamon sticks, cloves, ginger, water, and sugar to a boil in a small heavy saucepan, stirring until the sugar has dissolved. Reduce the heat and then simmer, covered, 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and let steep, uncovered, for 1 hour.
4. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve into a bowl, discarding the solids.
Combine the remaining ingredients with the spiced syrup in a punch bowl and stir. Add ice ring before serving.