Crazy for Cranberry Muffins
- Total Time: 35 mins
- Hands-on Time: 10 mins
- Makes: 18 servings
Try this healthful muffin for breakfast—or any time you want something to satisfy your sweet tooth and your need for a nutritious snack. Blueberries work too—visually and taste-wise!
- 1 cup Frontier Organic Fair Trade Certified Cane Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Aluminum-Free Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Baking Soda Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Organic Ground Korintje Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Organic Ground Nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup Frontier Organic Maple Syrup Granules
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached wheat flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup wheat germ
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 1/2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl. Mix well. Gently stir in cranberries. In a separate bowl, combine the buttermilk, eggs, oil, and vanilla extract. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until just blended. Spoon into lined or oiled muffin tins, filling all the way to the top. Sprinkle with maple syrup granules, if desired.
3. Bake about 25 minutes, or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.