- Total Time: 10 mins
- Hands-on Time: 10 mins
This Indian dish is full of wonderful spices—and roasting them before adding them to the potatoes will add enticing depth of flavor and aroma. Roasting whole spices instead of powdered and grinding them before adding to your other ingredients gives the best results. To save a little time — or if you just want to use the powdered spice you have on hand — roasting your already ground spices will enhance their flavor as well.
- 2 teaspoons Frontier Organic Ground Coriander Seed
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Onion Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Organic Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Ground Ginger Root
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Organic Ground Turmeric Root
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoons Frontier Organic Ground Cayenne Chili Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Garam Masala Seasoning Blend
- 4 medium potatoes, cubed and parboiled
- 1 cup plain non-fat yogurt
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 to 2 mint leaves, chopped
In a saucepan, combine potatoes with the rest of the ingredients. Cook over low heat until potatoes are fork-tender and the flavors are melded, about 15 to 20 minutes.