Dilled Sweet Potato Soup
- Total Time: 50 mins
- Hands-on Time: 20 mins
- Makes: 6 servings
Dill seed provides a snap of flavor in each bite of this robust soup.
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Table Grind Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Whole Dill Seed
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Organic Medium Grind Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Parsley Leaf Flakes
- 2 teaspoons Frontier Organic Low Sodium Vegetable Flavored Broth Powder
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 5 cups peeled, cubed sweet potatoes (about 3 medium potatoes)
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup milk
1. Heat oil in a soup pot. Add the onions and garlic, and sauté until golden.
2. Add potatoes, water, broth powder, salt, dill seed, pepper, and parsley. Cover and bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer. Cook until potatoes are just tender, about 20 minutes.
3. Ladle 2 cups of the hot soup into a blender or food processor. Add the milk and purée. Pour back into the pot. Stir well over low heat for one minute.