Dried Tomato Frittata
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Hands-on Time: 10 mins
Easier to master than a perfectly turned omelet, a frittata is a hearty, Italian version of the classic egg dish. Substitute any cooked vegetables for the tomatoes and mushrooms.
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Cut & Sifted Cilantro Leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Organic Cut & Sifted Marjoram Leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Organic Cut & Sifted Tarragon Leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Organic Cut & Sitfed Sweet Basil Leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Table Grind Sea Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Organic Medium Grind Black Pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon Frontier Organic Garlic Powder
- 1/4 cup Frontier Organic Taco Seasoning Blend
- 1/4 cup Frontier Whole Shiitake Mushroom
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
1. Heat oil in a heavy, ovenproof skillet. Sauté tomato flakes and mushrooms for about two minutes. Stir in chives, marjoram, tarragon, basil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
2. Pour eggs into pan, spreading evenly. Sprinkle cheese over the top.
3. Cook, covered, over low heat, about 8 to 10 minutes, until the eggs are set and lightly browned on the bottom. Meanwhile, preheat oven broiler.
4. Remove the cover, and place skillet under the broiler for a minute or two, just until the top of the frittata is nicely browned. Cut in wedges and serve hot or warm.