Earl Grey Rum Punch
- Makes: 8 servings
The finest, authentic Earl Grey tea leaves are sprayed and tossed with 100 percent pure and natural essential oil from the bergamot orange fruit. Enjoy this classic rum punch served over ice in the summer months, or as a hot toddy in the winter.
- 3 teaspoons Frontier Organic Fair Trade Certified Earl Grey Tea
- 8 Frontier Organic 2 3/4" Korintje Cinnamon Sticks
- 4 cups water
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 cups apple cider
- 1 1/2 cups spiced dark rum
- 8 cinnamon sticks and orange slices, for garnish
1. Boil the water and steep the tea 4 to 5 minutes (or to your preferred strength).
2. Strain tea into a pitcher or punch bowl.
3. Add remaining ingredients (except garnishes) and stir until the brown sugar has desolated.
4. To serve cold Pour over ice into eight highball glasses. Garnish with a cinnamon stick and orange slice.
5. To serve warm Ladle into eight heated Irish coffee glasses or mugs. Add a splash of melted butter for a rich form of hotty toddy, and garnish with a cinnamon stick and orange slice.