- Total Time: 1 hours
- Hands-on Time: 15 mins
- Makes: 16 servings
Enjoy this dip with breadsticks or wheat crackers, or try it as a spread on sandwiches.
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Cut & Sitfed Sweet Basil Leaf
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Cut & Sifted Oregano Leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Organic Garlic Granules
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Organic Medium Grind Black Pepper
- 1 pinch Frontier Table Grind Sea Salt
- 1 large eggplant
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Slice the eggplant in half lengthwise and brush with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Place on a baking sheet, cut sides up, and bake until tender, about 45 minutes. Set aside to cool.
3. Meanwhile, sauté onion and pepper in the remaining olive oil. Scoop out the eggplant flesh and discard the skins. In a food processor or blender, combine until smooth the eggplant, sautéed vegetables, tomato sauce, and spices. Serve warm, sprinkled with Parmesan.