Fettuccine with Saffron Cream Sauce
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Hands-on Time: 20 mins
- Makes: 3 to 4 servings
Highly prized for its vibrant color and unique flavor, organic saffron takes the stage in this simple homemade fettuccine recipe with a saffron cream sauce.
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Coarse Sea Salt
- 1 pinch Frontier Organic Saffron Threads
- 1/8 teaspoon Frontier Organic Fine Grind Black Pepper
- 8 cups water
- 3/4 cup half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 8 ounces dry fettuccine noodles
- 1 ounce grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish
- Freshly chopped parsley, for garnish
1. In a large pot, bring water to a boil. While water is heating, prepare the sauce.
2. In a small saucepan over low heat, combine half-and-half, butter, salt, saffron and pepper. Stir gently and allow saffron to infuse into the warm cream mixture. When the mixture begins to simmer, turn off heat.
2. When the water is boiling, add pasta and cook until just shy of al dente. Drain noodles, reserving 1/4 cup of the pasta water. Return drained noodles to the pot along with warmed creamed sauce.
3. Add Parmesan and stir until well combined. Set heat to medium and cook, tossing noddles in the sauce, until noodles are tender and sauce has thickened. If the sauce becomes to thick, add a splash of the reserved cooking water. Serve garnished with additional Parmesan and fresh parsley.