Five Alarm Watermelon Margarita
The bounty of summer fruit calls for a cocktail with not only sweet notes, but also some fiery heat and spice. This watermelon, jalapeño and hibiscus infused margarita has it all.
- 3 ounces Frontier Organic Fair Trade Certified Cut & Sifted Hibiscus Flowers
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Alder Smoked Salt Grinder
- 1 1/2 ounces tequila
- 9 mint leaves (about 1 1/2 tablespoons)
- 1 teaspoon fresh jalapeño, chopped
- slice of lime, for garnish
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 cup freshly cut watermelon cubes (plus a few cubes for garnish)
1. In a sturdy glass, combine watermelon, jalapeño, smoked salt, honey and mint leaves.
2. With a muddler or handle of wooden spoon, mash the mixture to release flavors.
3. In a shaker filled with ice, combine watermelon mixture, tequila, lime juice and hibiscus flowers and shake well until frosty.
4. Using a fine mesh sieve or strainer, pour slowly into a tall iced tea glass.
5. Garnish with a fresh sprig of mint, a cube of watermelon and a thin slice of lime.