- Total Time: 35 mins
- Hands-on Time: 5 mins
This vegetarian dish isn't just for vegetarians. Crispy on the outside and tender on the inside, fried eggplant is a wonderful way to enjoy vegetables. Eggplant is meaty with great texture, making it satisfying and perfect for all palates. Serve with mint chutney, chappatis or marinara sauce.
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Ground Cayenne Chili Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Ground Cumin Seed
- 1 pinch Frontier Table Grind Sea Salt
- 1 pinch Frontier Organic Medium Grind Black Pepper
- 2 medium eggplants
- 1/2 cup chickpea flour
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- oil, for frying
1. Slice eggplant 1/4 inch thick, sprinkle with salt and pepper and set aside to dry for 10 to 15 minutes.
2. Make the batter by combining remaining ingredients.
3. Dip the eggplant slices in the batter and deep-fry until golden brown.
4. Serve immediately.