Garam Masala Spicy Baked Beans
- Total Time: 10 hours
- Makes: 10 servings
Baked beans made from scratch offer something the canned version cannot -- unbeatable and unique flavor. Garam Masala is the differentiator in this dish. With its spicy-warm heat, this seasoning paired with baked beans is a match made in food heaven.
- 1 1/4 teaspoons Frontier Organic Garam Masala Seasoning Blend 1 lb
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Organic Ground Yellow Mustard Seed 1.80 oz.
- 1 pound dried navy beans
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 3 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 2 cups stewed tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup molasses
1. Wash beans, cover with water and soak overnight. Drain beans. Mix rest of ingredients with the beans and put in crock pot.
2. Cook on high for 2 hours, then on low for 8 hours.