- Total Time: 20 mins
- Hands-on Time: 5 mins
- Makes: 4 servings
Glugg is a mulled Swedish beverage. Use any red wine you prefer for this recipe.
- 1/2 cup Frontier Organic Fair Trade Certified Cane Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Whole Decordicated Cardamom Seed
- 6 Frontier Organic Hand Select Whole Cloves
- 2 Frontier Organic 3" Ceylon Cinnamon Sticks
- 2 Frontier Organic Crystallized Ginger Cubes
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1 bottle dry red wine
- 1 cup aquavit (caraway-flavored Swedish liquor), or gin or vodka
- 1/2 cup blanched whole almonds
Warm the wine, raisins, alcohol and sugar in a saucepan over low heat. Combine spices and peels in cheesecloth or a muslin bag and add to the saucepan. Simmer uncovered (don’t boil). Ladle into cups and add an almond or two to each.