Gluten-Free Sugar Cookies
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Hands-on Time: 15 mins
Bring even more goodness to a treasured holiday tradition with these simple, gluten-free sugar cookies featuring sweet and creamy Non-GMO Verified Frontier Organic Vanilla Extract.
- 3/4 cup Frontier Organic Fair Trade Certified Cane Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Frontier Organic Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Baking Soda Powder
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Frontier Whole Goji Berries (Gou Qi Zi)
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups (408 grams) gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2-4 teaspoons milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment or a large bowl, beat together softened butter and sugar. Add eggs, vanilla extract, baking soda and sea salt, continuing to beat mixture until well combined.
3. Turn the mixer to low and add half the flour, mix until combined and add remaining flour. Continue to beat until dough is well mixed. Remove dough from the bowl and place on a well-floured surface.
4. Divide dough into four pieces. Roll out the first piece into a 1/4-inch thickness and cut into desired shapes. Return combined scraps to remaining dough and continue to roll and cut.
5. Place cookies on a baking tray covered with parchment paper and bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Cookies should be lightly browning around the edge. Remove from oven and let sit for 5 minutes, then transfer to a rack to finish cooling.
6. Once cookies are completely cool, place the powdered sugar in a bowl and add 2 tablespoons milk and vanilla. Stir until icing is combined, adding 1 to 2 extra teaspoons milk at a time until icing is easily spreadable. Place cookie, top side down, into icing. Remove and wipe excess icing from the cookie with a knife. Return to the rack and continue with remaining cookies. Top cookies with Goji berries for a bit of natural holiday color.
Note Dough can be made ahead of time and refrigerated until ready to use.
Yields 2 dozen cookies.