Goji Ginger Popcorn Balls
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Hands-on Time: 10 mins
- Makes: 18 servings
These crunchy popcorn balls remind us of simpler days, when trick-or-treating meant wearing a homemade costume and receiving handmade goodies from your neighbors. Take a nostalgic bite that will satisfy your grown-up tastes with spicy crystalized ginger and tart, colorful goji berries.
1. In a large stockpot over medium-high heat, heat coconut oil until melted. Add popcorn kernels and cover with pot with lid. Heat popcorn, shaking the pot occasionally, for about 3 to 5 minutes, until popping slows and the majority of the kernels are popped. Remove from heat.
2. Into a large bowl, pour popcorn, removing un-popped kernels. Add crystalized ginger and goji berries.
3. In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, combine brown rice syrup and sunflower seed butter, stirring occasionally. Continue to heat mixture for about 3 to 4 minutes, until contents are well combined and easily pourable.
4. Pour mixture over popcorn and, using a wooden spoon or your hands, coat popcorn.
5. Lightly wet your hands and form popcorn into 18 3-inch balls. Serve as soon as possible.