Grilled Black Bean and Sweet Potato Quesadillas
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Hands-on Time: 20 mins
- Makes: 2 to 4 servings
Get the party started with these scrumptious grilled quesadillas! They're perfectly spiced with smoked paprika and garlic.
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Smoked Ground Paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Organic Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Table Grind Sea Salt
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup black beans, drained and rinsed if using canned
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 4 ounces shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 4- 10 inches flour tortillas
- 1 dash olive oil, for brushing
1. Light grill to medium heat.
2. Peel sweet potato and cut into 1/4” thick rounds. Place in a bowl and combine with olive oil, smoked paprika, garlic powder, and salt. Toss until sweet potatoes are coated with spice mixture and transfer to a grill pan (see note).
3. Grill sweet potatoes for 3 to 4 minutes until lightly charring, flip, and continue to cook for another 3 to 4 minutes. Sweet potatoes should be tender. If more grill time is needed, transfer to indirect heat and continue to cook until tender. Remove from heat, let cool slightly, and chop into smaller pieces.
4. While sweet potatoes are grilling, combine black beans, cilantro, and lime juice in a bowl, set aside. Once sweet potatoes are chopped, add to the black beans.
5. To assemble quesadillas, on one side, brush with olive oil and sprinkle with a pinch of garlic powder. Flip the tortilla over and add 1 ounce of cheese over the entire surface and then on one half, divide 1/4 of the sweet potato/black bean mixture.
6. Transfer quesadilla over indirect heat on the grill and allow to cook until the cheese has melted. Fold in half and transfer to direct heat. Allow to cook until the tortilla is golden and crisp, 15 to 60 seconds (depending on the heat source). Flip and repeat. Repeat with remaining tortillas and filling.