Grilled Calypso Pork Chops
- Total Time: 22 mins
- Hands-on Time: 10 mins
- Makes: 4 servings
These Caribbean-style grilled pork chops are similar in taste to sweet and sour pork, but have more robust flavor. Seasoned with ginger, nutmeg and cloves and coated with sweet orange juice, dark rum, lime juice and brown sugar for well-rounded tropical flavor.
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Table Grind Sea Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Organic Ground Ginger Root
- 1/8 teaspoon Frontier Organic Ground Nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon Frontier Organic Ground Cloves
- 4 boneless pork loin chops, about 1/4 pound each
- 2/3 cup chicken stock
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon plus 1 teaspoon dark rum (optional)
- 1 teaspoon plus 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon plus 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
1. Prepare grill.
2. Combine all ingredients in a heavy, sealable plastic bag. Seal bag and marinate in refrigerator 4 to 24 hours.
3. Remove chops from marinade, discarding leftover marinade. Grill chops for 10 to 12 minutes over indirect heat on covered grill, turning once to brown both sides.