Grilled Corn Salsa
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Hands-on Time: 10 mins
Once you master red and green salsa, try this robust salsa featuring fresh, frozen or grilled seasonal sweetcorn and beans. Loaded with veggies, raisins and tomatoes, this corn salsa adds a refreshing sweetness to each dip of the chip.
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic Cilantro
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Onion Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Organic Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Table Grind Sea Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Organic Ground Cumin Seed
- 2 ears of fresh yellow corn (choose organic to avoid GMOs)
- 1 cup black beans, cooked and cooled
- 1 small yellow squash, diced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
1. Preheat an outdoor grill on low. Real wood charcoal tastes best, but gas works fine. Avoid instant-light briquettes as they make food taste like lighter fluid. Aim for low heat – if your grill lid has a thermometer built into the lid, it should read about 300 to 325 degrees.
2. Remove the husks and corn silk completely before placing the corn on the grill. Cook for 10 minutes or until the corn is bright yellow and kernels are tender.
3. Turn the heat up to medium-high (about 375 degrees) and continue to grill until the corn chars slightly. Allow the corn to cool before carefully slicing off the kernels.
4. In a medium bowl, combine the corn, squash, black beans, grape tomatoes, green pepper, raisins and spices. Stir to combine.
5. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Yields 6-8 servings