- Total Time: 40 mins
- Hands-on Time: 20 mins
- Makes: 4 servings
Gazpacho is a cold Spanish soup, often the soup du jour in warm, tomato-harvesting weather. Grilling some of the vegetables adds depth to the soup.
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Parsley Leaf Flakes
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Garlic Granules
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Cut & Sitfed Sweet Basil Leaf
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Cut & Sifted Summer Savory Leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Table Grind Sea Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Organic Medium Grind Black Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Organic Ground Cayenne Chili Pepper
- 1/2 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 small cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 large ripe tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced (for garnish)
- 4 teaspoons sliced almonds (for garnish)
1. Combine tomatoes, bell peppers, and onion with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Spread on cooking sheet. Broil until vegetables are lightly browned, stirring once. Remove and set aside.
2. Combine 2 tablespoons olive oil plus all other ingredients except garnishes. Stir in grilled vegetables. Refrigerate for a few hours (or overnight). Top with avocado and almond slices when serving.