Grilled Peaches with Vegan Cinnamon Ice Cream
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Hands-on Time: 10 mins
- Makes: 6 servings
Don’t exclude dessert from the grilling goodness! Lightly charred, grilled peaches dressed in a maple simple syrup make a uniquely summertime topping for vegan cinnamon ice cream.
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Ground Korintje Cinnamon
- 1 Frontier Whole Vanilla Beans
- 2 teaspoons Frontier Arrowroot Powder
- 1 cup non-dairy milk, such as almond or oat
- 2 cans (15-ounces each) full-fat coconut milk
- 2 barely-ripe peaches
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon coconut or walnut oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 teaspoons maple syrup
1. In a medium pot, whisk together the non-dairy milk, coconut milk, cinnamon and maple syrup. Cut the vanilla bean in half and scrape out the seeds. Place both the seeds and the bean into the pot.
2. In a small bowl, combine the arrowroot powder with 2 tablespoons of the coconut mixture, whisking together until the arrowroot powder is dissolved. Pour into the pot and whisk again.
3. Place the pot on the stove on medium-low and bring mixture to a boil, whisking occasionally. Pour the ice cream into a container and transfer to the refrigerator to cool completely.
4. When ice cream mixture is cool, freeze according to your ice cream maker’s instructions. Remove the ice cream from the maker into a freezer-safe container. Freeze until the ice cream is set.
5. Preheat your grill. Real wood charcoal tastes best, but gas works fine. Avoid instant-light briquettes as they make food taste like lighter fluid. Aim for medium heat – if your grill lid has a thermometer built into the lid, it should read about 350 degrees.
6. Slice each peach in half and remove the pit. Brush each peach half with coconut or walnut oil. Place on the grill and cook on each side until browning or lightly charring, 2 to 4 minutes per side, depending on heat.
7. To make the simple syrup, whisk together the maple syrup and water in a small pot. Bring to a boil and let thicken for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat and while still warm, toss with grilled peaches. Let the peaches cool completely before serving.
8. Scoop ice cream into a bowl and top with cooled, grilled peaches.