Grilled Trout with Mango Salsa
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Hands-on Time: 15 mins
- Makes: 2 servings
Enjoy this simple grilled trout recipe that seasons steelhead trout with Frontier Organic Original Seafood Seasoning, then brings it to life with a fresh mango salsa.
- 3 tablespoons Frontier Organic Original Seafood Seasoning
- 1 large ripe mango, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup heirloom cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 to 2 teaspoons agave nectar
- Sea salt, to taste
- 2 1/3 pounds steelhead trout fillets*
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
1. In a mixing bowl, combine mango, cherry tomatoes, onion, jalapeño, garlic, lime juice, agave nectar and salt. Stir until well combined, then set aside until ready to use.
2. To prepare the grill, brush grates with a wire brush and spray with cooking spray to prevent the fillets from sticking. Preheat to medium-high, or about 400 to 450 degrees.
3. While the grill preheats, drizzle olive oil over each fillet and sprinkled with seafood seasoning, covering the entire surface of the flesh. Sprinkle lightly with sea salt.
4. Place fillets skin-side down on the preheated grill and cover. Cook, leaving untouched for 5 to 6 minutes. Carefully flip and cook on the other side for 2 to 4 minutes, until grill marks appear and fillets are cooked through.
5. Serve hot with mango salsa.