Grilled Veggie Pizza
- Total Time: 1 hours 5 mins
- Hands-on Time: 25 mins
- Makes: 8 servings
Substitute any favorite seasonal vegetables for those listed here. Grilling the veggies brings out their sweetness, which compliments the spicy balsamic sauce. You might also vary the cheese -- provolone and feta would be good choices -- for a different effect each time you make this recipe.
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Organic Cut & Sifted Oregano Leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Organic Cut & Sitfed Sweet Basil Leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Organic Cut & Sifted Marjoram Leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Organic Whole Rosemary Leaf
- 1/8 teaspoon Frontier Organic Garlic Powder
- 1 1/3 cups grated Gruyere or Swiss cheese
- crust for one 12-inch pizza (homemade or readymade)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 small green pepper, sliced
- 1/2 small eggplant, sliced in rounds and then in half
- 1/2 small red onion, cut in small wedges
- 8 grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
1. Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
2. Combine the olive oil, soy sauce and garlic powder in a small bowl. Brush this mixture on all of the vegetables. Grill each of the vegetables until nicely browned and tender. Set aside.
3. Combine the tomato paste, balsamic vinegar, oregano, basil, marjoram and rosemary. Spread on prepared pizza crust. Top with grilled vegetables and then cheese.
4. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, until cheese is melted and crust is lightly browned.