- Total Time: 1 hours 15 mins
- Hands-on Time: 5 mins
- Makes: 4 servings
This Cajun-inspired rice dish is made with Frontier's Gumbo Filé powder, a spicy ground herb made from the dried leaves of the sassafras tree. Gumbo Rice is great as a side dish or with meat and seafood added for a gumbo-esquemain dish.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a skillet, sauté onion in butter. Add broth, rice, and Frontier Gumbo File. Bring to a simmer. Remove and place in large, covered casserole dish.
3. Add in peppers, jalapenos or tomatoes if desired.
3. Bake for 1 hour or until all liquid has been absorbed.