Hearty Twice-Baked Potato
- Total Time: 1 hours 15 mins
- Hands-on Time: 15 mins
- Makes: 7 servings
This classic twice-baked potato recipe is simple as it is hearty and delicious. Stuffed with sour cream and cheese and speckled with Frontier Bac'Uns, chives and sea salt, these potatoes make a wonderfully comforting side dish or appetizer. Sprinkle more Bac'Uns on at the end of broiling for an added crunchy note.
- 1/2 to 2/3 cups Frontier Organic Bac'Uns Vegetarian Bits 2.47 oz.
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Cut & Sifted Cilantro Leaf 0.56 oz.
- 1 to 2 teaspoons Frontier Table Grind Sea Salt 5 lb
- 4 to 6 potatoes (about a pound)
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups low-fat shredded cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Wash potatoes well. Use a fork to make several small air holes in each potato. Place on cooking sheet and bake until tender (45 to 60 minutes).
2. While potatoes are baking, blend sour cream, cheese, Bac’Uns, chives and salt in a large bowl.
3. When potatoes are done, remove and cool until they can be handled. Cut in half and scoop out the insides, leaving 1/4 inch around the edge. Mix half of the potato meat into the cheese blend. Fill potato halves with cheese mixture, then return to cookie sheet.
4. Turn broiler on high and broil until potato mixture turns a golden brown.
Sprinkle more Bac’Uns on at the end of broiling for a crunchy note.
Use leftover potato meat to make potato patties.