Herbed Mashed Cauliflower with Root Vegetables
- Total Time: 45 mins
- Hands-on Time: 20 mins
- Makes: 5 servings
Swap out starchy mashed potatoes for gluten-free mashed cauliflower perfectly seasoned with delicate dill weed and white pepper.
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Cut & Sifted Dill Weed
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Table Grind Sea Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Orgainc White Peppercorns with Grinder
- 1 medium head cauliflower (about 1 1/2 pounds or 7 to 8 cups of florets)
- 1 cup cubed peeled parsnips (1 medium parsnip)
- 1 cup cubed peeled rutabaga (1 small rutabaga)
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 teaspoons heavy cream
1. Cut cauliflower into florets and combine in a large pot with cubed parsnips and rutabaga. Cover with water and bring to a boil. Cook until all vegetables are very tender, 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from heat and drain.
2. Add the butter, heavy cream, dill, sea salt and white pepper to the hot cauliflower mixture and mash with a fork or potato masher until everything is well combined.