Homemade Vanilla Extract
You can easily create your homamde vanilla extract out of vanilla beans (or almost anything from almonds to peppermint leaves) with the following recipe.
- 7 Frontier Organic Whole Bourbon Vanilla Beans
- 8 ounces plain vodka, minimum 70 proof
1. Prepare vanilla beans and place in jar just large enough to accommodate vodka and fully submerge beans.
2. Measure vodka and pour over beans.
3. Cover with lid and store for 8 weeks, shaking the jar every week or so.
4. Strain to clarify or leave beans in place and use extract.