Honey Spice Cake
- Total Time: 40 mins
- Hands-on Time: 10 mins
- Makes: 15 servings
For cake, this is a pretty healthy choice--made with whole wheat flour and sweetened with honey!
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Organic Ground Nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Baking Soda Powder
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Aluminum-Free Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Ground Korintje Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Organic Ground Cloves
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup raisins that have been softened by soaking, drained
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Beat butter, honey and eggs together. Add buttermilk, mix well. Sift dry ingredients together, and add to the butter mixture. Mix well. Stir in the raisins.
3. Pour into 8-inch cake pan. Bake for 30 minutes or until done.