Honey Turmeric Pork Chops with Roasted Beets and Carrots
- Total Time: 40 mins
- Hands-on Time: 10 mins
- Makes: 2 servings
An easy and beautiful three-ingredient marinade featuring turmeric elevates bone-in pork chops served on a bed of roasted vegetables.
- 2 teaspoons Frontier Organic Ground Turmeric Root 1.41 oz.
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Fine Sea Salt 7 oz.
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Organic Fine Grind Black Pepper 1.80 oz.
- 2 bone-in pork chops
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 to 3 large yellow and/or red beets, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 to 5 large carrots, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Parsley, for serving
1. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together 2 tablespoons olive oil, honey, turmeric and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
2. Place pork chops in a separate bowl and toss in marinade until well coated. Let sit for 20 minutes.
3. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly toss vegetables in remaining tablespoon olive oil, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper, being careful to not let the red beets bleed too much.
4. Place in oven and roast for 30 to 40 minutes, until tender and browning.
Heat an oven-safe grill pan over medium heat. Add pork chops to pan and sear for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, until charred.
5. Transfer grill pan to the oven and continue to cook for about 8 to 12 minutes (depending on the thickness of the pork chop). Remove from oven, divide vegetables onto plates and place pork chops on top. Serve with a sprinkle of fresh parsley and juices from pan.